The NJV HUB Village is one of the 270 villages cited in a recent New York Times article about options to institutional care…
“Innovations are also occurring nationally at the grassroots level. A network of nonprofit 'villages' devoted to providing support and a social network to people who want to age in their homes has been growing for years; it has 270 member groups and 70 more in development. Villages typically cover a specific neighborhood or town, but they are virtual support organizations. ‘It’s really a neighbors helping neighbors approach,’ said Barbara Hughes Sullivan, the network’s national director.” (Read more...)
Open to residents age 60 and over, the NJV HUB Village can provide this neighborly support and a social network for those who choose to age in their homes in Bergen County. Join us…
NJV Not Just For Safety
OPTV 77 & Verizon FiOS Channel 22:
11:00 Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
2:00 Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
8:00 Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Latest update June 7, 2021: Governor Murphy on The Road Back (Read more...).
How & Where to Get Vaccinated For COVID-19 in New Jersey:
- Moderna Vaccine is available at Alternative Care Facility Annex at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center. Walk-ups welcomed. Saturday appointments available, call 201-967-4070
- Vaccination Site List🌐 to register directly at designated vaccination site on-line
- Pre-register for vaccine on NJ Vaccine Scheduling System🌐
- Call 1-855-568-0545 for help 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Transportation to Vaccination Sites
- Free ride program thru Bergen County partnership with EZRide (Read more...🌐)
- NJTIP @ Rutgers has developed a public transportation database to help people in New Jersey get to COVID-19 vaccine sites. The database is updated about every two weeks. (Read more...🌐)
When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated there are still protocols to follow… (Read more...🌐)
How To Get Help for Lingering Symptoms from COVID-19:🌐 Valley Health System has launched “Care After COVID” program which provides support and specialized care. To access Care After COVID, call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391), and press option 6.
How To Get Tested For COVID-19 In New Jersey (nj.gov):🌐 See daily update of open testing sites.
Since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have heard about so many people who suddenly found themselves in the ICU… Do you wonder if they thought about or planned for a medical emergency such as Covid-19 pandemic- or even a car accident - could precipitate? Does it raise questions about how you could plan in advance for your care if ever you could not speak for yourself – as a result of an unexpected medical emergency or even deterioration of your cognitive function? (Read more...)